Morbidity is significantly reduced by patients that reach a return to birth weight within 14 days1. For many preemie patients, weight gain and failure to thrive continue to be significant challenges.
In 2009, one study concluded that “After tube feeding triglyceride, lutein and b carotene concentrations decreased with 33%, 35% and 27% respectively. The decrease in triglycerides in HBM accounts for 16% of the total caloric intake of neonates”2.
How much of an impact does your current enteral delivery system have on growth rates?
NeoMed analyzed the impact of our line of oral/enteral syringes against other brands and found lipid loss ranged from as low as 6% for NeoMed to a high of 22% depending on the competing brand3. The difference in macro/micro nutrient delivery directly impacts growth rates, morbidity and clinical outcomes.
Will the NeoMed Enteral Nutrition Delivery System make a difference with your growth-restricted population?
Try the 14-Day Challenge. We are confident that patient outcomes and growth chart results will support the continued use of the NeoMed nutrition delivery system.
How does the NeoMed 14-Day Challenge work?
- Physician will identify slow-growing babies.
- Identify baseline metrics for growth.
- NeoMed will supply a complete Enteral Safety Nutrition Delivery System4 for 14 days.
- Track identified growth metrics for 14 days.
- NeoMed will provide the SafeBaby System to help track nutrition delivery for these 14 days.
- Your clinical staff can compare growth rates of the population using NeoMed products against growth preceding the use of our products or against other patients that were fed with other manufacturer’s enteral devices.
- Ors R. The practical aspects of enteral nutrition in preterm infants. Journal of Pediatric and Neonatal Individualized Medicine. 2013;2(1):35-40.doi: 10.7363/020116.
- Tacken. KM, Vogelsang A et al. Arch Dis Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2009; 94: 447-450.
- How NICU Syringe Choice Can Reduce Fat Loss in Human Breast Milk, NeoMed, Inc. May 2014.
- Syringes, Extension Sets, FTs, NeoMed-Medfusion Enteral Ready Pump, SB Nutrition Management.