Privacy Statement - California
This PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS applies to all consumers residing in the State of California whose personal information is collected by NeoMed, Inc. NeoMed, Inc. (doing business as NeoMed®) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Avanos Medical, Inc. and adopts this policy to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). For the purposes of this notice, NeoMed, Inc., its parent company, Avanos Medical, Inc., and all affiliates and subsidiaries will be referred to as, “we,” “us,” and “our.”
Personal Information includes anything that identifies, related to, describes, is capable of being associated with or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
Personal Information does not include:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA)
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information
- Publicly available information from government records
Information That We Collect
We have collected the following Categories of Personal Information from consumers residing in California in the last twelve (12) months:
- Real name, alias, postal address, email address, home and/or cellular telephone number, Internet Protocol address
- Internet or other similar network activity:
- We place cookies on your computer to:
- tell us the search term you used to find our site, if you used a search engine to find us (like Google)
- to tell if you’re a repeat visitor
- to track interactions on our websites
- Geolocation: we perform geolocation targeting for advertising purposes (still need more details on this one)
- We place cookies on your computer to:
Sources from Which we collect Personal Information
- Consumers - We collect Personal Information that consumers provide us directly, whether through one of our websites, or other direct contact method
- Websites - We collect Personal Information automatically from users of our websites by conducting website analytics. We do so by using cookies and other technologies that help us understand how visitors use our sites and to help us improve them. The Internet Protocol Address could allow us to determine the physical location of your computer. However, you may disable the cookies setting on your computer’s browser or mobile device if you wish to opt-out of us collecting such Personal Information.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose Personal Information for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill your request, respond to a question or otherwise assist with the reason you provided us with your Personal Information. For example, if you signed up for a newsletter, we will use your information to send you newsletters until and unless you opt-out
- To sign you up to participate in a promotional event with one of our companies, to provide you with information about upcoming events
- To disclose on our website or social media accounts your testimonial or stories concerning your interaction with our products with your consent
- To provide you with important information or updates about current and future products or services
- To enable us to carry out our contractual obligations or exercise our contractual rights under any contract between you and us
- To comply with any law enforcement request, or as otherwise required by applicable law, government regulations or court order
- To provide you with information, products or services
- To understand how our website is used and to make improvements
- To provide you with information about upcoming events, event registrations, or news and information about us or our products and services that may be of interest to you
Things We Do Not Do:
- We do NOT knowingly collect information from any individual under 16 years of age
- We do NOT sell your Personal Information
- We will NOT collect Personal Information other than as disclosed above without first disclosing it to you and obtaining your consent
We disclose Personal Information to third-party service providers for the sole purpose of providing services to us. Example might include, but are not limited to issuing our newsletter, conducting website analytics, and assisting us with promotional and marketing activities
- Right of Access and Data Portabilty
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the last 12 months, as follows:
- The categories of Personal Information that we collect about you
- The categories of sources of the Personal Information
- Our business purpose for collecting the Personal Information from you
- The specific pieces of Personal Information that we collected from you
- If we sold or disclosed any of your Personal Information
- Right to Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected and retained about you, subject to certain exceptions. Once we have received and are able to confirm your verifiable request, we will delete your personal data as requested, or direct our service providers to do so, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if your Personal Information is necessary to be maintained by us or our service provider to:
- Comply with an applicable law, regulation, or law enforcement request
- Allow the completion of one or more transactions with you which you have already requested or which we believe there is an obligation to complete
- Allow us to exercise our contractual or other legal rights
- Avoid damage to IT systems in which the Personal Information is stored
- Allow us to continue to investigate a potential or actual breach of information security, as long as the Personal Information itself is not compromised
- Exercising Your Rights
To exercise your rights, you may either:
- fill out the form found on this website.
- call 1-844-4AVANOS
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer - and accessing your rights - does not require you to make an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.